Shortbread cookies are one of my favourite holiday recipes. When I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and was told to stay away from sweets, I knew I had to cut them from my diet! Using LIVA in place of white sugar ensures I don't have to worry about missing out on the sweet moments of life, especially around the holiday season. Plus, I'm getting a dose of fiber from the date sugar with every batch.
They are so easy to bake, only requiring 4 ingredients, and your whole family will love them!
1 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free alternative)
3/4 cup LIVA Date Sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
7 oz cold butter cut into cubes
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and bring together using clean hands
- The dough slowly comes together as the butter softens
- Roll out dough onto a parchment paper approximately 1/4 inch thick (tip: f the butter gets too warm and the dough feels too soft, chill for 30 mins then roll out)
- Lightly perforate the dough using a butter knife to mark 16 square cookies
- Bake on 350 for 20 mins
- Let the large cookie cool for 3 mins then take a sharp knife and neatly cut the marked squares.
- Drizzle with some melted dark chocolate and enjoy!
Leave a comment