Chunky Chocolate Nuggets
We almost named these Nobody-Is-Ever-Going-To-Believe-You-Chunky-Chocolate Nuggets because they are vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free shockingly delicious nuggets of chocolatey goodness. Why not try a batch and see if anyone believes you? This recipe yields approximately 20 nuggets.
1 cup arrowroot flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups LIVA date sugar
1 egg replacer (1 flax egg* [1 tsp flax + 2 tbsp warm water])
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup avocado oil
1 cup sugar-free chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl
- Whisk wet ingredients (except water) into a separate bowl then incorporate with dry ingredients using a rubber spatula
- Stir in chopped chocolate chunks
- You may find the dough is a little dry - stir in the 1/4 cup of warm water to gain the proper consistency
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes at room temperature
- Use a 2” cookie scoop to place mounds onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 mins
- Let cool and serve.
*A flax egg is a vegan egg substitute, that is made with ground flax seeds and water.