Pumpkin Season is here, and we could not be more excited! Just in time for Thanksgiving and all your fall festivities! These healthier pumpkin bars are a hybrid between a cookie and a brownie. Chewy, moist and delicious! They are gluten-free and packed with delicious fall flavour.
2 cups LIVA Date sugar
1⁄2 cup softened butter
1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
3⁄4 cup oat flour
1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1⁄2 cup chopped pecans + 16 whole pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a square 8x8 or 9x9 pan with foil (this will affect the thickness of your blondies).
- Mix butter, LIVA, pumpkin puree and egg into a large bowl.
- Sift in dry ingredients.
- Fold in pecans and pour into pan.
- Place whole pecans on top in 4 rows of 4.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let Blondies cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Lift foil out and place on cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.